Statements of Principle
Logos Research Associates Statements of Principle
- We are a community of committed Christians who wish to contend for the truth as revealed through the person of our Lord Jesus Christ and through God’s Word, the Bible.
- We hold a high view of Scripture and contend that no human authority can transcend the authority of the Word of God. We humbly submit to His Word, even to those parts that are hard to understand. We confess that there is much we do not know.
- We accept by faith the clear teaching of Scripture that the God of Scripture is Creator, as described in narrative prose in Genesis 1 and 2, and that the creation was miraculous, as witnessed through the whole of Scripture.
- We accept by faith, but also by careful scholarship, that the Biblical account of history is true. Scientific principles and historical principles both provide support for the veracity of Biblical history, starting from the miraculous creation of time, space, matter and energy; to the miraculous creation of life; to the miraculous creation of Adam and Eve; to the real consequences of a literal fall; to the devastation of a global cataclysm which flooded the entire world and destroyed all its land-dwelling air-breathing life except that miraculously preserved in the ark Noah had built; to a diaspora of families, languages, and cultures out of the Middle East after the tower of Babel; to the establishment of the Hebrew people as a conduit for human redemption; to a literal Exodus; to the unfolding of
Israel’s history leading to the first coming of Christ via His miraculous virgin birth; to Christ’s public ministry punctuated by miraculous signs including raising individuals from the dead; to His own literal death by crucifixion, His burial in a sealed tomb, followed by His bodily resurrection three days later; to His tangible appearances to His disciples on several occasions during the forty days following His resurrection; to His visible ascension into heaven; to the miraculous falling of the Holy Spirit during the feast of Pentecost upon His followers who were gathered together in Jerusalem; to the miraculous empowerment of His disciples after Pentecost and the subsequent explosive growth of the church despite opposition and persecution;to the clear and certain prediction of Christ’s second coming.
- We hold a high view of science. We are committed to high standards of academic integrity and rigorous use of the scientific method. We assert that science arose in the context of Christian faith and that most of the founders of science shared our Christian views. We reject the false characterization that Christian faith stands in opposition to science or endangers science in any way.
- We wish to exhort ourselves, and all of our fellow believers, to reflect the character of Jesus. This means that we must we must be humble, we must seek reconciliation with those with whom we have quarreled or disputed, and we must speak the truth in love